- Most colocation facilities are packed with environmental systems to keep your equipment and data safe and secure at all times.
- Fire protection systems, including passive and active design elements, as well as implementation of fire prevention programmes in operations. Smoke detectors are usually installed to provide early warning of a developing fire by detecting particles generated by smoldering components prior to the development of flame.
- 19-inch racks for data equipment and servers, 23-inch racks for telecom equipment.
- Cabinets and cages for physical access control over tenants’ equipment.
- Overhead cable rack (tray) and fibreguide, power cables usually on separate rack from data.
- Air conditioning is used to control the temperature and humidity in the space. ASHRAE recommends a temperature range of 20–25 °C and humidity range of 40–60% as optimal for electronic equipment.
- Low-impedance electrical ground.
- Few, if any, windows.